Robert W. Bauer has made his adult life about protecting others. Whether that was as a soldier in the U.S. Army, as a paramedic or now as an attorney, his goal has been to serve the interests of people in need. He is a devoted husband of more than 20 years, father of two sons and active member in multiple community organizations, including Gainesville Area Rowing.
Robert is a native of Florida. He was born in Pensacola and grew up in Tallahassee. In 1989, he enlisted in the Army and eventually served in Operation Desert Storm in Saudi Arabia. Robert attained the rank of Specialist and led convoys of ammunition and supplies into Kuwait City and to the Iraqi Border. He served with the 365th Transportation out of Fort McClellan, Alabama. In 1990, he was recognized as the FORSCOM Soldier of the Year for the 2nd Army, representing more than 200,000 soldiers in the Southeastern United States. He also received the Southwest Asia Service Medal, two Army achievement medals and three commendation medals for his service.
After his honorable discharge in 1991, Robert returned to Florida and earned an Associate of Science degree in Emergency Medicine. He moved to Gainesville and worked for Alachua County Fire Rescue as the lead Paramedic on the transport unit. He then received certification as a firefighter from the Florida Fire College in Ocala. He was recognized as the top graduate (Top Gun) in his class based on both academic and physical performance.
After getting married and having children, Robert entered the University of Florida to pursue his legal career. He received a B.A. in Philosophy from Florida in 2001 and a Juris Doctorate from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2004. While attending law school, Robert interned for the Honorable Peter K. Sieg of the Eighth Judicial Circuit and then clerked for Clayton-Johnston. Robert was admitted to the Florida Bar in April 2005.
During his career, he has negotiated a $2.2 million wrongful death settlement and won a jury verdict of $801,000 in a soft tissue case.
In the community, Robert serves as a volunteer chef for several organizations, including GAR. He also races in Senior Division rowing events throughout Florida, serves as an Assistant Scout Master with a local Boy Scout Troop, is an avid boater, an amateur botanist, and beekeeper.
- University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law – JD – Juris Doctor, 2004
- University of Florida – BA – Bachelor of Arts, 2001
- Managing Attorney – Law Office Robert W. Bauer, P.A., 2007 – Present
- Associate – Clayton & Johnston, P.A – 2005 – 2007
- Paramedic Firefighter – Alachua County Fire Department, 1993 – 1997
- Specialist – US Army, 1989 – 1991
- 8th Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award – Three Rivers Legal Services, Inc., 2016 – 2018
- Peer Review Rated – Martindale-Hubbell, 2016
- Client Distinction Award – Martindale-Hubbell, 2014 – 2015