When you have a friend, family member, or loved one that is elderly, it is natural to want to ensure that they receive the very best care and attention possible. Many aspects of caring for the elderly are governed by components of elder law. Elder law covers the legal and practical elements that involve elderly people, as well as their caretakers, friends, and family. Having an experienced elder law attorney at your service can be very beneficial when caring for older loved ones. The attorneys at The Bauer Law Group have more than a decade of experience assisting families with issues of elder law.
The elder law attorneys at The Bauer Law Group aid families by becoming advocates for their elderly loved ones. We can assist in legal issues involving health care, guardianship, long-term healthcare planning, retirement, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, and other important legal issues.
How Can an Elder Law Attorney Help Your Family?
As a concerned relative, you may be wondering how an elder law attorney can be beneficial to your family. As attorneys with elderly family members of our own, we understand the importance of providing caring and effective legal services that make a difference in your loved one’s life. Our law firm can assist in the following ways:
- We can help you to plan for your loved one’s future through wills, estate planning, and probate proceedings. While it may be difficult to face this subject alone, we can assist you to ensure your family is prepared for the future.
- Our law firm can help with health care planning, which may include long-term health care options, Medicare, patient rights and preferences, and other medical treatment plans.
- We can create a durable power of attorney or health care power of attorney.
- Our law firm can assist with financial representation, including business transactions, financial planning, and estate and tax matters.
- We can assist in establishing guardianship for your elderly loved one.
- Our law firm can help with drafting advance directives, including living wills.
The Bauer Law Group combines the knowledge of elder law, estate planning, and finance with the experience of handling the day-to-day issues that affect seniors. We provide personalized attention and legal representation that serves the sensitive needs of elderly people. Laws regarding the handling of elder issues may vary from state to state. Therefore, it’s important to seek an elder law attorney that is knowledgeable of the laws that affect the state of Florida. Our Gainesville elder law attorneys focus on the needs of older adults, which often require special accommodation or planning.
Get in Touch with a Gainesville Elder Law Attorney Today
If you have an elderly parent or loved one at home, you may benefit from counseling and advice from an experienced elder law attorney. To contact The Bauer Law Firm, call (352) 325-2151 in the Gainesville Area, (352) 325-2151 in the Tallahassee Area to schedule an appointment with an elder law attorney. Our Law Firm serves residents in North Central Florida and the Panhandle.